When my older daughter started Kindergarten in a new school and my younger was in her terrible two’s, I had taken on a larger role at work and in short—life was complicated. Mornings were a shit show of epic proportion. I came to expect all three of us to be crying as I locked the apartment door to start each new day. At the time I thought, "Wow. I’m simply sucking at this." And then to top it off, the subway would take its sweet time on my commute. I arrived late and was already behind for each meeting. All day I fought against the sad nagging feeling that I wasn’t winning any awards at the office, either!
I knew I had to do something to break me out of that daily cycle of failure and despair. So, I took the natural next step for any overwhelmed working mom.
I signed up for the New York City Marathon.
Wait. What the what???
At the time, I couldn’t articulate to anyone why I was doing it. I had run a few races, but slowwwly…and never anything as intense as the magical, daunting 26.2. It was unreasonable. Unthinkable. And that’s exactly why I knew I had to do it!
It was something powerful; proof that I could conquer my deepest fears and trust my intuition. It was the gift that forced me to lean on and be lifted by my people. And they were all in too. After five months of training, my six-year-old sat us down the night before the race and said, "I want us all to close our eyes and picture mommy crossing the finish line of the marathon." Love and tears. Enough said.
The marathon made me realize—I’m not that great a runner and I ran a freakin’ marathon!! What can I do with the things I’m REALLY great at??? And then, my coaching practice was born.
Sometimes it’s that simple. We need something to shake us out of reacting to our lives so that we can create the life we want.
And if running a marathon isn’t your thing…that’s ok! I have something else that can shake you out of a life of:
It’s called WORKING MOTHER MASTERCLASS—and I’m so over the top excited to be sharing it with you! It’s the culmination of three years of helping women to end their self-sabotage so they can build lives they love. And it will be a major focus of mine this year in my mission to get more women into positions of power.
In the 8-week group coaching program we’ll:
- Build out your life vision and learn what you want in your core.
- Figure out what’s getting in your way (ie. guilt, perfectionism, difficulty saying no).
- Master the work-life juggle by giving clear strategies to get out of overwhelm.
- Up-level your leadership by defining your leadership style and personal brand, while improving your communication and learning to promote yourself in an authentic way.
- Create a plan for self-care, fuel and fun!
- Incorporate concrete ways to help other women.
- Provide the accountability of a badass group of motivated and committed women.
- Work through the challenges of what it’s like to be a woman in today’s workplace in a safe and supportive environment.
There’s only room for TEN women in this group and it starts January 30th! Sign up now to reserve your spot. They’re going FAST!
If it sounds like it’s for you, you can learn more about signing up here or schedule a Clarity Call with me to talk through the details.
Or, if you know someone who sounds like a good fit for the program, forward this email or feel free to reach out to me.
This is going to be BIG—so join me. Real talk, real change for the real life you’re meant to live.